Friday, July 6, 2007

Arena statistics - 07/04

As usual, Caster posted on the forum the class statistics for Arena.

And priests are doing good for all brackets. I'm surprised to see so many priests for 3v3, but considering the warlock numbers it makes sense. Half the priests are shadow AND near half of them is grouped with a warlock. Another number.. near half the warlocks are affliction, so I guess if you have a priest and warlock, the priest is shadow and the lock affliction. My conclusion, lots of priests because lots of locks.

Hunters are still lacking representation for 2v2 and 3v3. I never played a hunter in arena but I don't think the numbers reflect the class potential. My team always had problems with well played hunters. They do a LOT of damage on us, cloth users and I'm sure they can kill rogues most of the time. Viper sting can take a priest out but we don't face many of them and don't know exactly how to counter them. It's rare to see a 2v2 team with hunters and uncommon to see one on a 3v3. The only team with a hunter on 2v2 is the first on his BG with a priest partner.

Warlocks.. well.. too many warlocks if you ask me. For 2v2 and 3v3 it was always a dominant class but Blizzard should work some balance here. I frequently see Adresa pissed because of all the forum posts about nerf locks and dots hehe. I know some lower ranked teams are stacking shadow resist, but I still need to see it. On our server, I think only Poor Play guild is doing Black Temple right now, but after the middle of the season we'll probably see some teams with Black Temple shadow resist gear. I don't remember the gear stat right now, but as a high level epic this can potentially kill warlocks and shadow priests on 2v2 and 3v3.

I thought the trinket change would affect rogues for 2v2 and 3v3, but I was wrong. They still good and as expected most of them have a priest or druid partner for 2v2.

No comments: